Though distracted Driving has existed since before technology like cell phones there is been a remarkable increase in accidents because these technologies became available. Texting answering phone calls and assessing navigation instructions can lead to an accident. In Florida according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles this behavior resulted in seven fatalities and 1474 accidents. Distracted driving Puts in danger. Even the driver could be captured off-guard by a reckless driver. In cases such as this an accident might be unavoidable. If you are involved in an accident in Florida with a distracted driver it is important to follow these Essential steps:
- Check for injuries and call an ambulance if needed
- Phone and comply with the responding police officer making sure that a report is completely registered
- Seek immediate emergency medical care and record all injuries
- Exchange just the basic required information with the other driver
- Take down a personal account of this accident especially all of the details you remember about the other driver’s distractions as soon as possible following the accident occurs
- Take photographs of the accident scene and injuries if possible
- Take down contact info for eye witnesses
- Do not give statements about the accident or your injuries to another driver or their insurance company
- Call your lawyer before moving ahead with any promises – this is especially important if you plan to seek civil action against the distracted driver
After you have recovered satisfactorily in the distracted driving accident consider pursuing actions against the driver that is distracted when property damage or injury was involved. You have lost resources and time because of the person behavior which you will be able to recover payment through a settlement or for in court. Pursuing actions against the driver can help ensure all your present and future expenses from the accident are covered. Generally for a distracted driving accident in Florida you can pursue damages such as pain and suffering mental anguish loss of salary property damage disfigurement and payment for any expenses incurred on the plaintiff because of the accident such as treatment price.
If you intend to bring action on florida accident news distracted it is important to do so whenever possible. According to Florida Statute the statute of limitations on any negligence case like distracted driving is four decades. Florida PIP Personal Injury Protection Laws were revised and may affect the amount of compensation you are able to gain and the procedure by which you are able to pursue it. Automobile accident victims are required to report injuries and seek medical care of an accident. This may be problematic so it is highly recommended that you seek medical care immediately for injuries which are often overlooked such as back and neck injury. It is in your best interests to consider all your options after the accident as possible even if you do not pursue actions that are additional.